LIMIT SWITCH SETTING
Somfy strongly recommends using a Tester Cable (T.C.) Cat. No. 6020086 to set the motor limits, and to ensure the system is operating correctly before the final electrical connection is made. Refer to Step 6 “Trouble Shooting Guide” for any problems encountered.
Two positions have to be set: the UP & DOWN positions, this is where the rolling shutter or awning will stop automatically.
1. Ensure the tester cable switch is in the center “OFF” position, and connect T.C. to motor leads by matching color codes.
2. Remove the protective cap covering the limit setting buttons on motor head, and replace when finished.
3. Depress fully both limit switch push button. They will automatically lock in the down position. Operate the T.C. switch and check that the system operates correctly. Identify the UP limit switch push button (refer to figure used for step 1). Press the T. C. switch in the UP direction until the required position is reached. Set the switch to the center “OFF” position.
4. Unlock the UP limit switch push button by depressing and releasing it.
5. Repeat the above operation to set the lower limit. Check with the switch that the motor stops at the up & down position just set.
6. Always remember to affix the protective cap over the limit switch buttons.
Note: Tubular motors are not continuously rated. They have a built-in thermal overload device which limits their operation to approximately 5 minutes.